The Electronics department for your company
Over the years of running HUNT ENGINEERING I have been successfully involved with several small companies who have a great idea for a product that will carve them out a place in a market that they know a lot about. Typically that market is not directly an electronics one, but (whenever I got involved) they required some electronics to make their product work.
Of course such a company could recruit electronics engineers to design their own electronics, but finding good engineers who can design and build electronics is very hard - trust me it was a problem that I grappled with for 20 years! In the end I decided to recruit raw talent and spend 2-3 years teaching them. To do that you need to have the teacher, who is harder to find, and to find the raw talent and try to retain them after you have trained them.
Actually for most small companies this is really not an option - they need some electronics now, so that they can get on with the main aim of their company, which is to build and sell their products. In this case designing, manufacturing and testing/supporting their own electronics would be a huge burden on their company.
Here I can help!
- I can help to interpret your needs
- I can search for and assess any off the shelf options - Having spent a long time specifying and designing such products I know what to look out for
- If it makes sense then I design and build your electronics for you
If you decide to take on your own electronics engineers there are still some things where I can help you
- I can train them for you - particularly in the area of Signal Integrity
- I can mentor them for you
- I can project manage for you